Friday, November 18, 2011

Warm up for the party!!


Hey...you coming?? Monday the 28th of November.


Getting ready to party!! Ok...to have a good time I’d suggest you bring your own food and drinks to share, that is, your learning tools details. We’ll add them to this document in alphabetic order and we’ll add the following information for each tool:

1) Add your tool’s/site’s name
2) Add your tool’s/site’s web address
3) Tells us your perception of what it is and what it does, or is meant to do
4) Tells us how you use it, pros and cons.

If you use the same tool but you use it differently to the creator’s way, you can just add it to item 4).
For example, you can add your facebook page as item 4a) in my example below. You can discuss with the item creator to add more info, like the pros and cons that are not included in my example. And if you have a different perception of what facebook is all about, or you want to complement it, you can either add the comment as item 3a) or discuss with the item creator (me) to change the description of item 3). It’s the first time I organize a virtual room warming party...and it is a party anyway! so allow some mess and drunkness in the room...it’ll be ok, if there is anyone staying overnight, we might be happy to clean up a bit the next day over the hangover and a lot of water. I expect some broken glasses, juice spillage and stuff like that.

In the google document, were we’ll keep “the pictures” of the party, the conversation, drinking and eating will be happening in the NEH’s Skype group. If we are not skype friends yet, please add me (tatiana.maya.valois) and I’ll add you to the group, if we are friends but you’re not in the NEH’s group, please throw me a quick message to remind me.

If you want to add interesting websites that are not necessarily a tool for you, but you would like to share its content and make sure it is in our radar, we will discuss on skype how we will document it. I’d like to allow people to suggest tools to do that, maybe we can create a mind map, a prezi, a google doc, a wiki (I am not a wiki expert, so it would be good to learn), a facebook page, a forum somewhere, etc,.

And last but not least, if you are tempted to organize your own virtual room, I’d love to take you to the blog post that I found randomly and gave me the idea. Explore it and see if you get tempted. Exploring Personal Learning Environments

As an example, this is part of me:

1) Facebook
3) A social network to connect with friends and meet others, share ideas, let people know more about you, your likes and dislikes...one kind of a virtual expression of you.
4) I don’t use for personal stuff too much anymore, now, most of what I do there is related to the NEH through http://www.facebook.com/newecohumanity. It is a page that I use to update NEH’s fans and friends about videos, links, ideas, my own activities. Particularly for things that I don’t write posts about, it let me tell friends how I feel about certain things. I am getting a few other blogs on the way that are connected to the NEH in specific topics, they all have the NEH’s facebook page plug in so that friends of one particular blog have access to the stream of the NEH in general, that is, access to what is happening with the other blogs too.

So here you have it. We can build the pool from here. If you use the same tool, but use it differently to me, you can just add it to item 4). For example, you can add your facbook page as item 4a). And if you have a different perception of what facebook is all about, or you want to complement it, you can either add the comment as item 3a) or discuss with the item creator to change the description of item 3)

And remember, think cellular. How would we interact with each other if we were to the earth, what cells are to our bodies?? What if the earth is our body and we are its cells??




No comments:

Post a Comment